Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Little Engine That Will

Second day back from winter break and lemme just say, I am SO proud of myself. Not for the running (I didn't do much, bra issues) or the stationary biking (I am in love with those things!) but because I've changed so much since I started. It really hit me today. Instead of dreading the treadmill, I'm actually excited to get on. All the way to the gym I was hyping myself up on the bus, perfecting my playlist and impatiently waiting for my stop.

I always heard that the "I can't" attitude is purely psychological, but I never took that to heart. On my first couple runs I was "The Little Engine That Could (But Really Didn't Feel Like It And Therefore Decided It Couldn't)" chanting "I know I can't, I know I can't."

As soon as I proved to myself that I CAN enjoy running (or cardio in general) and it really DOES make me feel better, my tune changed to "I know I can, I know I can. I will."



Song of the Day: "Boom Boom Boom" Black Eyed Peas remix with Kid Cudi

GD: -1 (I'm going to keep track of my "good decison jar" resolution on here. I'm less likely to lose a blog than a notebook. I'm still in the negatives because the first 3 days of the year were lazy ones.)

No comments: