Thursday, July 22, 2010

Two Miles!

Sweet Jesus, I ran two miles! Without any stopping at all! At a pretty steady pace of 5-6mph! I can't stop using exclamation points when I write about it! It's too awesome for periods! Two miles!

I went to the SERF to see how far I could run (with the distance "hidden", of course, so I could force myself to think about things other than "I think I can't. I think I can't.") and I got to 1.85 miles before checking the distance. I made myself suffer through to 2 miles because I thought I could probably make it. I was right. I felt like I was going to cry. And then I felt like I was going to puke. Fortunately for the comfort of my fellow SERFers, I did neither. I just walked to the locker room and changed into my real life clothes. Wide-eyed and surprised at myself.

No comments: